Welcome - Please Read

Welcome. I wanted to provide stripboard layouts I've made to help people new to electronics and even the more experienced get into different aspects of electronics.

I verify the layouts before I post them.

My Facebook Group: www.facebook.com/StripboardLayouts - Please Add For Updates!
My Twitter Thing: @InSonicBloom

Monday 30 April 2012

7107 LED Voltmeter Stripboard Veroboard

based largely on articles in The Art Of Electronics I came up with this layout for a DVM based on the ICL7107 DAC I ended up doing 2 different layouts - one with a built in power supply to give me the +/- 5v needed and one that is just the meter circuitry alone.

in the Datasheet - the 7107 calls for the use of a 100pf capacitor however I found this to be far too slow at responding to a multiturn pot in a power supply so I replaced this with a 10pf capacitor which was much much better - meaning of course you don't have to mess about with trying to get accurate readings from the adjustable power supply (if you use it in one) if you build it - try to ignore the displays I've put on the first picture - they were for my reference and it was possibly a very specific display (I tend to use salvaged junk)

I've also included a couple of pictures of things I've used it in.

Add caption
Display wiring layout






No comments:

Post a Comment