Welcome - Please Read

Welcome. I wanted to provide stripboard layouts I've made to help people new to electronics and even the more experienced get into different aspects of electronics.

I verify the layouts before I post them.

My Facebook Group: www.facebook.com/StripboardLayouts - Please Add For Updates!
My Twitter Thing: @InSonicBloom

Monday 30 April 2012

Constant Current Dummy Load VeroBoard Stripboard Veroboard

Constant Current Dummy Load
Similar to the one Dave uses


I thought it was a pretty cool idea for small output power supplies so I made a little veroboard layout for it from the schematic he posts on his whiteboard, my (small) addition was the little regulator circuit to power it a little more easily from a 9v battery or something.also, use a much bigger heatsink than I used, I used a fan in the top half to get rid of heat.





4 comments:

  1. Brother;

    Check your schematic diagram against the schematic diagram of Dave Jones,I think you made a mistake :)

    Fredz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no, I changed it in places - as you can see I have built it - it works fine, I use it quite alot. it has to be one of the most useful bits of test gear I've made.

      Delete
  2. The inversing input of the LM324(b) is conected to its output in the schematic but in the vero board it is connected to the current sense resistors. The vero board is correct.
    Nice little box!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. of course yes - I rushed the schematic after someone said it would be better to provide them - I think I did about 30 on the day I did this. I'll amend it. cheers dude

      Delete