Welcome - Please Read

Welcome. I wanted to provide stripboard layouts I've made to help people new to electronics and even the more experienced get into different aspects of electronics.

I verify the layouts before I post them.

My Facebook Group: www.facebook.com/StripboardLayouts - Please Add For Updates!
My Twitter Thing: @InSonicBloom

Monday 25 June 2012

Constant Current Led Tester Stripboard Veroboard Layout


Not really much to say about this thing really except that when it is powered at it's optimum voltage (12v) it tests LEDs at about at a current you set with the 100k pot.
I made this because I have tons of LEDs in a component bin and not only did I not know if they worked but using this I can match them for brightness because I'm sick of projects looking half arsed with different brightness LEDs

The other LED based use is that when you buy lots of LEDs from a one-hung-low chinese source on eBay there can be the odd batch of crap ones and it's best to find out before you spend 4 hours troubleshooting a project only to find it was the LED that was bad.






3 comments:

  1. 12 volts? Do you test them in your car?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1st. it says optimum voltage.
      2nd. I have more than one output voltage on my power supplies as should everyones.
      3rd. there are layouts to such power supplies on this site.
      4th. it's not all about guitar related stuff.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete