Welcome - Please Read

Welcome. I wanted to provide stripboard layouts I've made to help people new to electronics and even the more experienced get into different aspects of electronics.

I verify the layouts before I post them.

My Facebook Group: www.facebook.com/StripboardLayouts - Please Add For Updates!
My Twitter Thing: @InSonicBloom

Wednesday 13 June 2012

A Word On My Schematics and a 10 Hour Timer


Some of you older people (my age and older) may notice that some of my schematics resemble that of the old Forest Mimms schematics IE, drawn on graph paper. This, of course is on purpose.

When I was growing up I would often spend a lot of time in the electronics shop Tandy (Radio Shack in the US), it had actually gotten to the point where the shop assistants knew me (I was about 7) and would even look after me while my mam went shopping. The electronics educational books they had were all the forest mimms ones so they'd let me sit in the corner reading them so I have a lot of fond memories attached to the Forest Mimms books which is why as an alternative to drawing my circuits out in EAGLE (which I have with some of them) I would pay homage to Forest Mimms and use his method of hand drawing schematics on graph paper. not only that but it really is a great way of drawing schematics. using a CAD program is all well and good but it takes longer and you end up with computer blindness if you do lots at once.

The one little bit I've added to make it my own and because when reading schematics I hate having to look them up, is adding little pinout drawings of any discretes and/or ICs used

Anyway back in school I designed this little circuit after my dad moaned at me for being on the phone to my girlfriend of the time for too long. there's no veroboard layout because I did this with wire wrap - in fact it was just not practical to use stripboard for this circuit because it would have ended up being hundreds of jumpers.


No comments:

Post a Comment