Welcome - Please Read

Welcome. I wanted to provide stripboard layouts I've made to help people new to electronics and even the more experienced get into different aspects of electronics.

I verify the layouts before I post them.

My Facebook Group: www.facebook.com/StripboardLayouts - Please Add For Updates!
My Twitter Thing: @InSonicBloom

Tuesday 18 December 2012

Maxon OD-880 Overdrive Stripboard Veroboard Layout


Another guitar overdrive (groan) but it's a good type of thing to build when you can't think of original ideas and I am abit stuck at the moment so I thought I would find a schematic of this particular Overdrive and lash up a layout, build it and then post on here for all you people.

The original unit used 3 LM741 op-amps and I was very very tempted to just use a dual and a single op-amp instead but I know people get a bit funny about using alternative IC's and stuff even though it would sound no different, however I specifically laid it out in a way that I could make a little daughter board to use a dual op-amp rather than 2 singles to get better battery life out of the thing.

If you want to experiment some choice component values to alter would be C4, R6, R7, the signal diodes (1N4148) and R9




4 comments:

  1. Hi,

    It's been quite a while since I've seen any activity on this site. Anyway,it's worth asking; what is the 'Vrail' track? I'm curious, as I can't really find anything else on building this pedal (with LM741 ICs) aside from your layout.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, I see. It's just the rail with 10V power. Sorry for the silly question. If this build works, I'd love to know!

      Delete
    2. Ah, I see. It's just the rail with 10V power. Sorry for the silly question. If this build works, I'd love to know!

      Delete
    3. it does work - I use this pedal quite a bit - as it says somewhere up there; I build everything I post before I post it.
      regarding the lack of activity, I can't think of anything to do layouts for at the moment.
      Vrail is 4.5volts I put it there as a test point note for myself when I was building it and forgot to delete it - just ignore it.

      Delete